P shaped bath no fitting instructions?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought a bathroom suite with a P shaped bath, but no instructuions on how to fit. There are 10 metal brackets with slight kink in, about 3 inches long and 1 inch wide. Doesn't seem to be any thing to fix them to?

Andy

Sponsored Links
Hi, these brackets are quite substancial, I think they are supposed to attach the back of the bath to the wall but not sure how?

There are some smaller brackets which I have figured out are to secure the panel at the front but its not very obvious how they fit.

Andy

I may very well be wrong but these brackets may be designed to screw to the wall or walls bordering the bath screwed in the lower half and the top half out a little from the wall. The bath is then carefully lowered so that the clips slip inside the bath edge nipping the bath against the wall. Remember to strike a truly horizontal line on the walls and check any corners are 90 degrees. Once the bath is hooked over the clips, then set the adjustable feet so its level front to back and you're set.

One of the baths I've fitted for myself in the past had has this sort of arrangement

Sponsored Links
hi the clips are to hold the front bath panel on if you look under the rim of the bath you will see little blocks of wood to fix them to

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back