PA with Texecom Premier Elite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a few of these PA’s installed with my system and I was testing them today and ensuring that they still trigger my dialler accordingly. Two of them do and one doesn’t.

The only discernible difference In zone settings is that the defective device is set to silent and not audible like the others. The silent device is in a discreet location and designed to be used in a hold-up situation. Except it doesn’t work!

Q. Can I replace this with a more reliable model of PA?
Secondly, I’m guessing the wiring can be at fault but it was working 6 months ago. Is the easiest thing to do, to join the alarm wires and see if this sets of the dialler? I am guessing this then definitively points to a faulty device.

I do now own a two pole tester with voltage reading if that is helpful in this situation.

Attachments

• iOS Image - 3180612366.jpg
    iOS Image - 3180612366.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 80
Sponsored Links
Can someone please advise me on the above? Thanks in advance.

whats in the log?
whats is programmed as?
What dialler you using?
What is the output programed as that is activating the dialler?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for responding @secureiam

The Zone Status switches between Secure and Active when the PA buttons are pressed. I am using the Texecom Speech and Text Dialler with the four trigger inputs.

I tested this again today and to my surprise, it triggered the dialler and I received the call. However, out of the 4 tests that I ran this morning, one of them did not generate a call. There is nothing discernible in the Event Log.

I really need this to be reliable and would appreciate your thoughts.

I cant pass comment without seeing the log.

also need the log of the Texecom speech dialler and know what the outputs used to trigger it.

what the zones are programmed up as.

The programming of the speech dialler would also be useful.

I am expecting without looking at several different possibilities

1. Dialler didn't see the activation
a) dialler already doing something
b)output from panel hadn't restored, so there would be no change registered to reactivate dialler

2. The panel didn't see the zone go active
a) device didn't trigger
b) wiring or programming issue (don't think its this based on what you have said so far, but better to be complete.
c) device wasn't reset

This is why seeing what the panel did in its log and the speech dialler registered in its log is important.
To make sense of it need to know what you did in order along with the programming of the dialler and the panel and the outputs wired to the dialler.

Yes something so simple has lots of possibilities, and the above is only a rough guide to finding out whats going on.

At the moment I don't know for certain there is an actual fault or not.

How do I know you have interpreted the logs correctly.

what did you look for?

I would be looking for what is there and what isn't. but without knowing what you did exactly and how things were programmed I cant be certain that I would know exactly what is or isn't missing.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back