Pad Foundations - Help Needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was looking to price a job, I need to clear an area for a concrete slab and dig foundations. I have one example, the topsoil is 200mm which needs clearing, "reduced level dig to formation - none required as formation level is -0.20".

the foundation level is the ground level after the top soil has been removed i presume.

for some reason unbeknownst to me, the depth of the foundations is stated at 1.3m, the length and width is 1.5m, the concrete slab 200mm thick and the stone 200mm. i am told the foundation is therefore 0.9m deep beneath the 400mm concrete and stone sub base.

the sub base area x the 200mm thickness, i actually have no idea why this is, unless a sub base will be spread over the entire area, above the foundation pits.

i have 16 foundations, which means 1.5m wide, 1.5m long to a depth of 1.2 needs excavating, multiplied by 16 it results in 35m3.

if i am leaving any important information out please say.

now, i have been asked to work out values assuming the topsoil remains 150mm, the concrete slab increases to 200mm and the sub base increases to 200mm.

so therefore i have to work out the "reduce level dig to formation" previously none required as formation level was -0.15m, in this event it says 0m2, the other value of lay stone sub base x150mm thick is 35m3, ((1.5*1.5)*1.2)*16, the 1.2 i thought was 150mm concrete, 150mm base and 900mm hole, i dont know if the hole needs to remain 900mm, which means an extra 100mm needs to be accounted for,

i think i may have wrote this really confusingly, but i will keep glued to the thread to correspond with anyone who can make sense of this.

thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back