Pad foundations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The SE has proposed 1mx1mx.3m RC35 pad foundations with A393 in the bottom(in green) for the goal posts(P01). As the pad stone to the right hand side will run in to the new strip foundations what is the best solution, use RC35 for pads and strip or shutter off use Gen1 for the strip and if so is rebar required to connect the to the padstone foundation.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 178631373_953965382006973_666005057781694902_n.jpg
    178631373_953965382006973_666005057781694902_n.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 111
Sponsored Links
Why bother with a goal post at all in that position? There doesn't appear to be any lateral stability issue, so why not use the existing walls and foundation to support B02/B01?

One can understand the need for a frame around the bifolds as there are no brickwork returns; same for the windposts; but the internal frame seems way over the top?

Why bother with a goal post at all in that position? There doesn't appear to be any lateral stability issue, so why not use the existing walls and foundation to support B02/B01?

One can understand the need for a frame around the bifolds as there are no brickwork returns; same for the windposts; but the internal frame seems way over the top?

Thanks for your reply Tony1851, i can only presume that its due to the size of the opening which is 6.5m and the loads above.
Has anyone got any good build-ability suggestions for the pads, Its the right hand side pad that I'm concerned about as i believe this will have to be done when the extension foundations are poured. can they do this from the outside(underpin) or can it be poured in two stages?, our kitchen is the room that this backs onto and we don't want to rip it out just yet.

Sponsored Links
I have little idea as to what you’re asking due to my own limited knowledge but I’m building a room with a 6m bi fold door opening with no masonry returns, so I have a goal post system too.

The posts are just bolted to the foundation with a grout pack under the baseplate. I also did a loop with 16mm rebar around the base of the post and tied it to the floor slab.

no idea if that helps at all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back