Padded vinyl?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a block of flats on the start of a row and there are two flats past mine. The problem is both neighbours are heavy walkers and stomp right passed my door. One of them goes out quite a lot until late and wakes me up after midnight. I dont want to be rude and ask them to change the way they walk but i would like to put some sort of padded vinyl or something outside mine to dampen the sound.

Any ideas?

I was going to do this along with some flowers and pots etc to just make it look a bit nicer almost like my own front garden or patio

Sponsored Links
Hello

That is a fair point.

Hes not the best but far from the worst (so far).

Why, what was you going to suggest?

Sponsored Links
I wonder if some sort of rubber matting might be stuck to the balcony I have in the past seen the rubber mat that looks like coin sized rubber studs fixed to balconies where the walkway passes over the flat below. It would need to be done by the landlord though and his / her public liability would cover it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back