Padstone for Concrete lintel

M

marsaday

I am putting a concrete lintel into place for my new wall alterations. The span is 1.45m and the new lintel will sit on a new block wall and then into the party wall.

So it is going to go into the party wall my about 110mm and i need to chop out this area. Do i need to create a padstone with slate, or metal or just use compo ?

Sponsored Links
If it's only a 1.45m span, and the lintel is going in 110mm, and is 100 wide, you won't need a padstone - just some stiff mortar

use a pad stone on the party wall mate its safer that way the job is done right
Dont take long to chop out for a pad

If it is going into the wall by 110mm, and is 100 wide, it doesn't need a padstone as the bearing stress will be quite low. It just needs some stiff mortar or dry pack underneath.

Sponsored Links
use a pad stone on the party wall mate its safer that way the job is done right
Dont take long to chop out for a pad

Tell us more about this extra "safety", and also tell us why it is "right" to have a padstone on a 1.4 m concrete lintel

Ok, thanks for info. The span is 1.45, but the lintel size is 1.8m

At 1.4m clear span with a conc. lintel you don't need a padstone - end of story.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back