Padstone specified - I can't find/aren't produced?

• Thread starter veritylouise
  • Start date
V

veritylouise

Hi everyone,

I hope I will be able to find some assistance - we are currently undertaking a loft conversion, we have planning permission and drawings which we are working off. The only problem is the padstones which have been specified on the drawings, I can't find anywhere!!

330 x 215 x 150d
300 x 100 x 150d
450 x 100 x 225d

I have searched everywhere & have been told that I could make them myself or buy kerbstones & cut them down. Would this be ok to do? I have found larger kerbstones which I could cut down, but will this matter as the plans state padstones not kerbstones. PLEASE HELP ME :confused:

Sponsored Links
The best products for padstones are lengths of pre-cast concrete lintel cut to size.
These are available 140 deep and 215 deep.
Just get some short ones from the builder's merchants and borrow a disc cutter to cut to the length required.

Agree with Tony. And I wouldn't worry too much about getting the size exactly right, just get the nearest you can. Those dimensions look big for the sort of loads you'd get in a loft conversion so my guess is they've been well over-spec'd.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back