Paint Blisters on Wall. (With Photos)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've had this recurring problem for some time. Paint blisters appear on a corner pillar in our sitting room. I've tried painting the exterior side of the wall with silicone brick seal, then scraped off all the blisters, painted the entire wall with Zinsser BIN, filled any damage, then repainted the whole wall. The blisters re-appear after a few weeks.

Someone told me it could be efflorescence, so I tried the wine vinegar solution and repainted but still no luck.

This side of the flat does get a lot of rain and the flats above have a similar problem on the same wall.

I'm attaching some photos.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Geoff

IMG_6357.jpg
IMG_5730.jpg
IMG_8272.jpg
IMG_0744.jpg
IMG_0402.jpg
IMG_1544.jpg
IMG_8246.jpg

Sponsored Links
Does look like efflorescence could be leakage into the cavity from above if flats above have the same problem, condensation from the window sill running down there or possibly condensation if furniture is normally in front of it although as a rule then you would have mould too.

As above, I suspect that the problem might be the roof or the exterior wall of one of the flats above yours. Can you see any obvious cracks in the brick pointing.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back