Paint cracking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've stripped my walls right down to the plaster and painted them. The paint now seems to be cracking a little in a few places. How would you recommend I sort this out.

Can I sand down the affected areas and re-paint or will I need to paint the walls with a special paint that will allow the top coat to dry correctly.

Cheers people

Sponsored Links
The cracks are probably caused by paste residue left behind when you stripped the walls..you should always scrub them clean with sugar soap and a scourer then rinse them first..

Not much you can do about it now though..id suggest you use a filling knife or anything with a very thin blade and scrape the existing paint off..its not going to be easy but its the best solution..then scrub the walls..rinse and re paint..thin the first coat out about 25%

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back