Paint for Wooden Summerhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I bought a wooden summerhouse from Dunster House years ago. At the time they provided Sovereign SX70 paint for it.

I decided I would aim to repaint every 3 years, and 3 years ago managed to get another pot from them (I couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else). This time they have stopped using said paint, and it looks like its very hard / expensive to come by elsewhere.

Apparently they now use Protek - Royal Exterior Wood Finish which apparently is water based (I'm surprised that a water based product would offer decent weather protection, but I assume it must?).

I have also been recommended Sadolin Wood Stain, but as the name suggests this sounds more like a stain (varnish) than a paint.

Does anyone have experience with the above two products or can anyone recommend alternatives?

Thanks for any help!

Lee

Sponsored Links
5lts of Sovereign SX70 is £83 online. Why not stick to that. Follow application data sheet which will be cleaning and preparing surface ect

Perhaps they meant Sadolin Superdec, which is a water-based opaque finish which is hard wearing and resists cracking and flaking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back