Paint on DPM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently renewed the roof on an alleyway between my house and garage.
The alley way naturally sits in a bit of a dip on my property with the house and garage either side of it slightly elevated.

The old roof leaked like a sieve, but now it's repaired I can see a lot of the wet on the floor must now be rising damp.

The floor is concrete tiles/slabs, and would have originally been an "outside" space - so is likely laid directly onto ground.

I'm looking for a suitable product to damp proof the floor as a quick an easy fix. I want to avoid putting in an actual DPM and screeding over.
I've been looking at paint on type DPMs, but from reading reviews I understand they often stay tacky even after curing. This would be no good as a final flooring surface for me.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
No paint-on DPM is a final finish, they all need a wearing coat or cover of some sort.

Thanks ^woody^

Understood. Although technically it's an outside space, it is now enclosed with a roof and doors either end - I'd like to make it a little bit more "homely" - the brick walls are painted with masonry paint to tidy them up and now I'd like to introduce some flooring just to finish it. Nothing fancy as we're only planning on using this space to stick welly boots, hang wet coats, etc.

If I put down some cheap laminate (with the thin foam roll type underlay) am I likely to experience any issues laying this straight on top of the DPM? I guess the underlay might stick to the DPM a bit, but it won't compromise it in any way?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back