Paint roller help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, I have just had my living room re-plastered and is is a really smooth, almost glass like finish. Bought myself paint for walls, got the Dulux Matt Endurance+ range of paint. Now, paint rollers. I had no idea there was such a vast range, and there is a need to select the correct roller for the job. Normally I'd just head to the local DIY superstore and buy on price.
Can anyone recommend correct rollers for the job, i.e. matt emulsion onto really smooth plastered walls. Looking for 9" and 4" rollers.

Sponsored Links
I've found that rollers with a short pile give a smoother finish, longer pile rollers can hold more paint, but the finish can be quite undulating. And dilute the first coat of paint 60:40 water to emulsion. that will dry slower, soak in and so leave a smoother finish.

I have used short pile mohair rollers on newly plastered walls, got mine from Crown. Nice finish - im not a decorator though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back