paint rollers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all new to this forum.

i've got a bit of painting to be done soon.

now i got a few questions, wandering if any of you have test drove:

- the new dulux paint pad system
- Jml paint sprayer
http://www.jmldirect.com/Paint-Sprayer-Pro-PP4467/

i know most would probably swear by the old fashioned roller/paint brush combo, but i just want to quickest easiest way (other then pay someone to do it)

I think the paint sprayer looks good for doors as i have 6 new doors to paint, plus an hallway and front room to finish. any suggestions?

thanks

Sponsored Links
If they were any good everybody would use them.

As Joe says..although some painting contractors use similar systems if they have loads of doors to do on sites etc..

In all fairness that thing from JML looks better than most of the silly spray painting gimmicks out there but JML are not exactly at the forefront of the decorating industry are they.

More like QVC standard.

The video looks like something from a carry on film.

Think if it like this...by the time you have read the instructions, set it up, thinned the paint out, masked the surrounding area and the hinges and locks, put it away you could have panted those 6 doors with a decent brush and a raditor roller...and saved yourself 50 sheets in the mean time.

Oh one more thing...look at the example pics below the main video..they have been photoshopped IMO...the woman painting the staricase is a fine example..and the one where someone is 'spraying' stain on the decking...look at the bottom of the post..no overspray??????

And none of the containers have any paint in them

Gavity feed guns are fine but are not intended for thick emulsion..youll have to thin the paint out like ****.

If a company needs to punt somehting that hard...steer well clear!

It depends on how you approach it and if you use it properly. I get the results it advertises. In my IMHO there is nothing wrong with the videos. You need to practice...took me 5 mins.

I use it for everything. No runs. Those who get runs must hold it there for too long.

(Oh.... and I do not work for JML :)

Sponsored Links
Onyx

I appreciate that this will sound harsh but...

I have a £500 hvlp turbine sprayer and wish that I had doubled my expenditure in order to get a better finish.

I am not willing to believe that JML can make/market anything that will give you profession results.

To make normal paint spray you need to either thin it or use more pressure/power.

With regard to the OP's question about paint pads- most paint pads have foam backing to suck paint up- on walls etc the amount of pressure required to apply the paint means that the paint splurges out of the edges.

I do use non foam backed pads to paint MDF but there is only one brand that works, it is not suitable for painting walls.

The application of paint has not moved on much for years but it JML etc will not be at the vanguard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back