Paint shop pro, Corel CAD on humble bundle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from the windows 10 thread (that sorted out Windows for my New PC) , thought I'd post this:

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/be-a-creative-superhero

Load of Corel stuff on a bundle at the moment for a very good price, just be aware that corel draw is only a 6 month subscription, sadly, but if you fancy Paint shop pro or Corel CAD its a good deal, along with some extra effects packs, etc

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
At what point Gimp will over take Photoshop CS6 which was the last which you could buy outright I don't know there is a free program to handle RAW files called rawtherapee, but much depends on how deep you want to go.

Gimp was 8 bit, so you needed rawtherapee to reduce from 12 or 14 bit depending on camera to 8 bit, I started to use a free version from magazine called Photomatrix, there many others, but I found for a quick from camera convert to Jpeg Photomatrix was the best option as just selected best image conversion from thumbnail images and let it do all the work.

However even if Gimp or Paint Shop pro is the best program, the problem is near every camera club or magazine seem to be based on Photoshop, so want to blend and refine edge with Photoshop easy to find out how, you may be able to do it with other programs, but finding out how is the problem.

As my cameras are over 10 years old so old Photoshop will handle the RAW files, but with a new camera you need to be sure the program can handle the RAW files from that camera.

Back