painted house problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone,
I have a 1920's traditional three bed semi brick semi with a 6 m frontage.
the house has been badly painted in the past, with red paint peeling away in several areas around the front sides and back.

I would like to inprove the apearance of the house in the most cost efective way.

The brick work also needs repointing.

would it be more cost effective to render / pebledash or heve the paint removed?

Sponsored Links
Repainting and repointing will be cheaper than rendering

Rendering will give a completely different appearance, and will still have ongoing maintenance costs - and you will invoke building regulations and a possibility of needing to insulate the walls

thanks for the reply woody.

is it possible to get the red house paint off?
i am in the northwest and the brickwork is great. with differing colours ,unfortunatly, that is on my neighbours house.

Sponsored Links
Paint is generally difficult to remove, but sometimes if done poorly with the wrong paint, you can scrape it off with a scraper or maybe a jet wash - you need to give it a go.

Otherwise it is sand blasting or chemicals which can be expensive - but get some quotes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back