Painters bib and brace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was just curious to know the pros and cons for a painters bib and brace?

I do a fair amount of painting and it would be nice not to worry about getting spots on clothes.

These don't appear to be fool proof because the undershirt will get paint on it ?

Also, what are you supposed to wear under it? Just pants?

Help appreciated :D

Sponsored Links
Never worn a bib and brace.

I just don't get paint on my clothes. What I wear to work, I wear at work and then wear at the pub after work.

Last year I was walking past a client's house. They had clearly grown bored with waiting for me to paint the outside of their home and had gotten someone else to do it. I stopped (on the pavement) for 15 seconds whilst looking at the quality of finish. 2 minutes later I was explaining to Inspector Knacker why I had been staring at their house. I explained that it was professional curiosity. I could see him looking at me, trying to find any traces of paint to corroborate my story. I had to point down to my boots and point out the small dots of paint. He jumped back in to his car.

Never worn a bib and brace.

I just don't get paint on my clothes. What I wear to work, I wear at work and then wear at the pub after work.

Last year I was walking past a client's house. They had clearly grown bored with waiting for me to paint the outside of their home and had gotten someone else to do it. I stopped (on the pavement) for 15 seconds whilst looking at the quality of finish. 2 minutes later I was explaining to Inspector Knacker why I had been staring at their house. I explained that it was professional curiosity. I could see him looking at me, trying to find any traces of paint to corroborate my story. I had to point down to my boots and point out the small dots of paint. He jumped back in to his car.

Easier said than done. I'm pretty neat but I still get paint on myself when painting ceilings.

Anyway, I ended up buying the bib and brace mentioned and so far so good. I'm a little uncertain about the lifespan on the plastic clips that hold the legs up, but I'll see how it goes. Gotta try it to find out, isn't that the only way in life ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back