Painting A Brick House????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. I have been in the building trade for many years and have never heard that one before!! maybe your neigbour has had a bad experince with termites and has associated it with the paint on the house!! however, once painted, you kind of have to live with it and re-paint every five years or so, as getting the paint off would be near impossible, now its been done. one tip though, use good quality stone paint like leylands stormshield, as cheap paint will cause you problems for yaers to come.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, But that`s Austria - and you know what sort of house painters come from Austria ;) :LOL: KDF.

Mud packing is often where the damage is caused by termites.
Are you in OZ? Only when I was there we often steered clear of yellows and whites on the lower half of brick or stucco as this does attract termites. New builds in the southern hemisphere will often have a z profile termite barrier in the cavity.If the house is post 92, my guess is its ok.
Happy house hunting.
edit,,,,Sorry I see the house is new..!! It will be fine.If you are in Oz this will be checked as part of your land survey.

Sponsored Links
dumb feck spammer!!!

lists themselves as austrian but hyperlinks to Australia

probably based in asia!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back