Painting a wooden fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a wooden fence that I'd like to paint - as it's a dark corner of the garden I'd like to use a lighter colour to brighten it up. In the past the panels have been treated with Shed and Fence type stuff in Red Cedar, but I'd like something like a cream/pale yellow to help wth brightening up.
I was wondering whether masonary paint would do the job or if anyone can suggest anything else?

I guess I'll have to try and get as much of the previous treatment off as possible - not easy! I was thinking wire brush and jetwashing should be enough?

Any help/suggestions gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for that - looks like it could be just the stuff I need. Now all I need is to find someone who stocks it ;)

Where are you based? I've got a list of suppliers right in front of me ;)

Sponsored Links
Northamptonshire/Buckinghamshire. (Towcester-Milton Keynes)

I was thinking Brewers might do it?

Any other info gratefully recieved :)

towman said:
I was thinking Brewers might do it?

Yep, they are on the list, but supposedly not all branches. And Fichett & Woollacott in Nottingham 01115 99331138

P.S. Osmo Uk is based in Bucks ;)(Aylesbury, aren't you lucky ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back