Painting advice for fascia tiles.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people

I have a 1970s house, with a large amount of fascia tiles, and unfortunately who-ever had the house before me has painted them with the wrong type of paint, and this has lead to them peeling and looking really bad.
I went up with a ladder to the lowest row and had a look at how I can scrape some of the old paint off and re-do them but I had a couple fall out and smash :/
So my options are to hire a portable scaffold tower type device and carefully and slowly scrape and repaint or pay a roofline company to replace them with upvc cladding.
So basically I'm looking for any advice if anyone has approached this kind of job before and what type of paint to get to give me many years without peeling again or how best to avoid tiles falling.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If they are unstable the UPVC route might be the best from a safety standpoint alone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back