painting an interior red brick wall

Sponsored Links
my son is buying a studio flat and it has a dark red brick wall - which to make the room lighter we want to brighten up and paint a wash white

I wondered what the best way to do this would be - i have attached a dropbox file - showing an example I saw in a pub today

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lau6q3vhzeyt0x1/Photo0001a.jpg

thanks

Wayne

That looks like a wash, possibly with diluted emulsion.

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
To me, the bricks in your link don't look as if they have had anything done to them. They were probably that colour when they were made - they come in all sorts of shades and brand new walls can look like that, depending on the type of brick used.

The problem anybody here has with recommending any sort of paint or colourwash is that we don't know what type of brick you have. Red brick can be smooth faced, glazed, textured and all will take paint differently, if at all. Can you post a pic of the actual bricks you have?

Thanks for the reply,
He has not moved in yet, still going through the buying process - as soon as we can i will take a decent picture so you can see the wall and types of brick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back