Painting bathroom and kitchen ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I need to paint a newly plastered (on fresh plasterboard) kitchen ceiling and two bathroom ceilings. The bathroom ceilings are artex unfortunately, but I'm just painting over them for now.

I would appreciate views on what paint to use (I will mist the kitchen before painting over with some diluted contract white Matt if I can find that leftover in garage, else with some diluted of one of the below unless someone says i shouldn't).

From what I've read, seems like an acrylic eggshell is suggested as good - would the Leyland trade be ok? Also I've seen the Zinneser Permawhite suggested. Any views on whether these are ok or something else is good to use.

Also, I've never painted over artex before, do I just need a long pile brush. I have a wooster 9 inch roller, so would the 3/8 XL pile do the trick? Is there any other prep to do (aside from getting rid of it which I don't have time to do).

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Artex...you have my sympathy. I've been using a lot of Leyland Trade acrylic eggshell at own and partner's homes recently and have been very happy with it, but I've only used it on the woodwork. The walls and ceilings have had Dulux Trade Supermatt in white or a couple of retail Dulux matt pastel shades. Also very happy. I never use cheapo paint these days; saving my time and effort is more important than saving cost.

Thanks, and agreed in only using trade paint, saves time in the long run and does seem more durable.

Ventilation isn't great in the bathroom and mediocre in the kitchen, hence the preference for a non Matt paint, but will be using trade Matt in the other rooms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back