Painting bathroom tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

New to the forum as myself and my partner have just bought our very first home - new to DIY but getting a lot of help from both Dads.

One thing we are really not sure on is painting the bathroom tiles. The bathroom suite is in good condition but the tiles around the bath are in a black and white checked pattern which has grown on me, but my partner says she cannot stand to live with it in our bathroom. We want them pure brilliant white.

I have read some conflicting information on how easy it is to paint tiles and was looking for suggestions on methods as well as good choices for primer and paint to use. This is obviously a wet area as the shower will splash on the tiles and paint will need to be bathroom safe. We have done all our painting with brushes but can easy pick up a roller if needed.

Any help greatly appreciated - thanks in advance.

Mike

Sponsored Links
If you take great care to throughly clean all grease, soap, and dirt from the tiles and grout with something like sugar soap. Using a roller two coats can come out quite well but don't expect it to last more than two to three years at best around the bath / shower.

It's ok for a quick fix if you are going to remove the tiles and replace later or doing the dirty as a quick facelift before selling ;) but not a complete answer.

Regards

footprints

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back