Tile paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Opinions please on tile paint? My bathroom needs retiling but we want to paint the the tiles before we commit budget to a new bathroom. Has anybody used tile paint? Which brand would be best Crown trade or other?
Cheers all

Sponsored Links
I'm a tile fan, so my opinion is going to be pretty bias. I don't like tile paint, it doesn't look that nice and is pretty much false economy.
I'd always suggest retiling, you can get some nice tiles pretty cheap and although it hits you a bit in the wallet the finished product is always going to be much much better.

imo dont buy paint,save your money and put it towards your budget for re-tiling.

There were some cowboys that painted the tiles at work, they primed with dulux difficult surface primer, then painted with oil based egg shell. Seems to stick ok. However wouldnt ever put it in my bathroom.

Save the cash and time. save up for some tiles.

Sponsored Links
My sister did her bathroom last year &, although I initially cringed at it, it doesn't actually look that bad & it will get you out of a budget deficient hole in the short term. Don’t use hair dye near it though, my sister now has pretty brown streaks down the tiles over the wash basin; think her next move is to bend my ear about a free re-tile in the near future. :rolleyes:

I used some tile paint on our downstairs toilet, had to do a few coats and the finish was well below what I expected, nowwhen I use the toilet I always say must get them tiles off and replaster.
hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back