When to tile around bath and sink?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have just had all our walls and celling skimmed in our bathroom and I wanted to know when the best time is to tile around bath and basin. We are looking at only applying tiles around 2 to 3 tiles high with a line of mosaic tiles in between.

Do I miss coat the walls first then paint and then apply the tiles or miss coat then tiles then final paint?

Also do I paint right down to edge of bath or do I measure what height the tiles will be and only paint down to them.

Does plaster need to be treated before applying tiles

Chris

Sponsored Links
Easy enough.

Prime the wall area that you want tiled with a pva like this (mixed with water - not too runny)

http://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-pva-5ltr/57248

Apply with brush or roller and wait to dry/ become tacky.

Then apply tiles/mosaics, wait to dry and grout.

I would leave painting to last. If you're worried about getting paint on the tiles/bath just use masking/frog tap. If you do manage to get on the tiles/bath there are products out there that can remove the paint.

Do exactly as jibbs says, but use an acrylic bonding agent\tilers primer - not PVA

Sponsored Links
Do I need to misscoat before I tile around the bath or not. Some people tell me to misscoat still where the tiles are going and others said do not misscoat and tile first then misscoat and paint after.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back