tiling bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i have just finished plumbing in bathroom suite , reskimmed etc, now ready for tiling but i only want to tile around bath and paint other walls , my question is can i finish the tile above edge of bath and do i need a plastic angle bead and if so do i set it in place before tiling , and how do i fix it, i have dry lined walls . i was going to tile al of bathroom buit cheaper to tile round bath ,

Sponsored Links
We used to use plastic bath trim then tile over, but now use Classi seal which sticks to bath edge before putting in place, this leaves an upstand about 70mm, then tile up from bath over the seal then finish with a tidy gun of microban silicon.

We used to use plastic bath trim then tile over, but now use Classi seal which sticks to bath edge before putting in place, this leaves an upstand about 70mm, then tile up from bath over the seal then finish with a tidy gun of microban silicon.

...and do make sure you fill the bath with water first.

Sponsored Links
i always use tech-7 silicon, it never seems to peel off or go mouldy. it's a bitt harder to use as its thicker than normal stuff.
its about twice the price of normal silicon but well worth the extra cash.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back