wall tile vertical edge strip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to tile above my bath. The bath is in a corner of the bathroom. At the head of the bath there is an existing shower head. I hope to finish off the outer edge of the tiles with a vertical edge strip. It will be about 6 feet long. starting at floor level for a vertical column of tiles next to the bath. I will not be able to fix the uppermost tiles before the lower tiles set so how do I fix the edging strip so that it is securely attached in a vertical position? I'm not sure that tile cement will hold it it place securely. I would have preferred to tile from the corner position out towards the edge of the bath if possible. Could I tile the wall except the outermost column and then do that column all at one time? Tiles are 9 x 300 x 250mm.

I have another worry as the walls are currently finished in emulsion paint. The tile cement I have says it's OK for appying on painted surfaces, but I note in this forum there are suggestions for sealing painted walls before tiling.

:?:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back