Painting disaster

I am so overwhelmed by all the helpful answers I received to my painting problem. So much valuable advice from people who seem to know their onions when it comes to decorating.
The problem was that I recently came out of hospital because I was hit by a car and spent 5 months flat out. I nearly died, I was smashed up so bad. Because I'm in my 60s, the bones don't mend as well as they use to and as I was(still am) in so much pain, I was tempted to cut corners to get the job out of the way as quickly as possible. But alas, I didn't expect these problems. I knew it wasn't going to be a first class professional looking job but under the circumstances, it would have done for now, fresh and clean.
I now wish that I had stuck to the premiss I have always lived by, "If a job is worth doing, then it's worth doing right".
Once again, thanks to everyone for your replies.

django47(micky)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that post Micky.

Sorry to hear about your accident. I can empathise somewhat (though not to such a degree) as I had shoulder surgery on Tuesday, and am now out of action for a further six months after struggling to do simple tasks for the last ten. That has been frustrating enough, so I can only imagine your feelings, and I must admit that some of my recent posts on here have been tainted by that frustration.
(Apologies to ALL on the receiving end of them. :oops: )

Your motto is the best in the business and should be set in stone by all trades!

Best of luck to you with your ongoing recovery.

mrH. :)

Thanks for that post Micky.

Sorry to hear about your accident. I can empathise somewhat (though not to such a degree) as I had shoulder surgery on Tuesday, and am now out of action for a further six months after struggling to do simple tasks for the last ten. That has been frustrating enough, so I can only imagine your feelings, and I must admit that some of my recent posts on here have been tainted by that frustration.
(Apologies to ALL on the receiving end of them. :oops: )

Your motto is the best in the business and should be set in stone by all trades!

Best of luck to you with your ongoing recovery.

mrH. :)
That was very kind of you mr helpful. I too wish you a speedy recovery with your shoulder. I can imagine what you are going through because I fractured mine too in the accident and ripped the tendons too. Out of all my injuries which included broken back, both pelvises smashed, pubic bone shattered and spleen punchered, the worst, most painful is my shoulder. It's a major operation just putting on a jacket. What made it worse was using those crutches because I had to take my whole weight as I couldn't put any weight on my leg until the bones in my pelvis had knitted strong enough not to come apart again under the weight. The accident happened on 21st Nov 09 and I've been to hell and back a hundred times over since then. The first 3-4 months I prayed not to wake up in the morning. I couldn't even go to the toilet on my own, paralised from the neck down. Because I am very independant, I refused sheltered accomodation and I don't want other people fussing over me. I will manage one way or the other and retain my privacy. I had enough of that when I had no choice and it was the worse thing I can imagine.
Thanks again, best of jolly ole british, Mr H,(and dont agravate your shoulder).

django47(micky)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back