Painting Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife is the painter in our house as I am useless at it. Originally the internal doors were painted with Dulux Gloss White but about 18 months ago she decided to experiment with the Dulx Low Odour paint and tried 2 or 3 doors. Prior to painting she washed the doors down with sugar soap and allowed them to dry completely.

She now wants to finish the other doors but has found that the top coat done with low odour seems to be breaking up and she can see the original paint underneath. There are what look like finger marks in places over the door i.e it is speckled.

She wasn't too happy with the low odour paint as she said she needed to keep going over the door so was intending to revert back to normal Dulux Gloss White but having looked at the door she is worried about the normal gloss taking. Is there anything she should do in preparation to make sure she gets a good and lasting finish.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, sand it down to a flat, even finish
And probably use an undercoat as there will possibly be some streaks or non-white bits.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back