Painting DPC - any tips?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We’re having our bungalow cladded with Cedral cladding. The cladding can’t go below the DPC and for aesthetic reasons we’d like to paint DPC white - the reddish brick against light grey cladding doesn’t look right to us.

Before shelling out for the painting to be done professionally, I’d like to know if anyone thinks this could be a DIY job. And if so, any tips out there to help us on our way?!

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Wash it with pressure washer and detergent, let it dry out, (peak summer months proba bly best)

Prime it then paint it, make sure the paint is breathable and weather proof.

If not it will flake off in no time and look worse than red brick.

I'd also recommend brushing it on rather than rolling to make sure the baint gets in all the little nooks and crannies and leaves no gaps behind the paint that could blister in future

How many courses of brick is there below the doc to paint?

You can do it DIY if you have the time and patience.

Thank you for all the advice!

DPC is 4 bricks above our path. Hopefully the weather will start to be more reliable in the next few weeks and we can make a start. Happy to take the time to do the job right. We have a fairly small bungalow and only doing round the front of the house so don’t think it’ll take too long (famous last words I’m sure!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back