Painting Exterior Shed Walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

Before I paint the exterior of my (rendered) shed, I need to prime it against the weather. I'm getting damp walls on one side and even some water coming in where the base of the wall meets the floor. It's not much, and it's more, a case of wetness than actual pooling water. I've dug a drainage trench along the base of that side of the wall, and it deals with 90% of the water build-up as it's channelled into a soakaway, but when it pours the floor is still getting moist/wet. The other three walls are fine - it's just that side of the shed because it gets hammered by the weather.

What's considered the best primer for stopping any moisture coming through the walls?

I once said I couldn't afford the price of an item I wanted to buy, and I was told: "You can't afford not to buy it." Anyway, I'm in that exact same situation again so I am prepared to pay premium prices if I have to. I don't want to scrimp now and pay double for it at some later date.

Any recommendations?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back