Painting external cement plinth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I am being paranoid, have been asked to repaint a external rendered plinth, it is suffering from some blistering which will come off with scraper ( tried one bit and exposed loads of woodlice) I think the blistering is caused by damp. If I scrape off all the loose stuff what should I seal/stablize the exposed bits and I want to use Dulux Weathersheild exterior paint either textured or smooth, how would I reduce the scrapped areas showing up. Any advice would be gratefully received

Sponsored Links
Scrape off the worst and rub the edges down..give the whole area a coat of alkali resisting primer then you can either fill the bit where the paint has come off with exterior polyfilla or similar..(add a drop of pva to the water to make it more durable but down overfil because you wont be able to rub it down) or just paint over it with a couple of coats of masonry paint..pliolite based stuff might be better though

Is that just the area exposed or all the painted area, I am assuming that I would be better off using textured masonary paint, thinking of using Wikes Mastercoat, someone else said the put stabilizing solution in with paint as well!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back