Painting floor of outside area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Need some advice please. We are fortunate enough to have a nice outside seating area, built to back on to a garage. It has a covering roof and is only slightly exposed to the elements.

The floor seems to be cement / concrete tiles. Previous owners just used masonary paint, which is now flaking off like mad. I would like to sort this out.

Presume the steps will be to a) remove the flaking old paint b) seal or prime the surface & c) apply new paint.

I'm struggling a bit to know how to remove all of the paint and whether I need to apply some solution to do that, or just do it by hand. The area isn't huge, but it's big enough to make it a pain of a job.

Also could do with some pointers re primers and paint to use. I'm looking at Ronseal Doorstop paint, which looks hardwearing and slip resistant which would be good. Any other things to consider?

Most grateful for any help / advice.

H303

Sponsored Links
You might get the existing paint off with a pressure washer. As to new paint, maybe garage floor paint would do the trick?

Issue I have with using pressure washer is potential run-off into gravel of millions of paint flecks - maybe I could replace the gravel though so will consider it, cheers.

Yeah I had thought about garage floor point, but because the floor is actually outside I figured doorstep paint might weather better.

Thanks pal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back