Painting hot copper pipes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please see https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/share-your-diy-projects-with-us-no-queries-please.74081/
Renovating an old terraced property. Not sure what to do with these unsightly pipes in what will become a utility room. If I boxed them in my joinery skills might make it look worse. Thinking of painting them white which may look ok against a good old magnolia wall. Has anyone got any tips on painting pipes, particularly hot pipes. i.e. Type of paint?
IMG_0979.JPG

Sponsored Links
Painted pipes- yuck. If they were somewhere else I'd suggest getting the wire wool out and clean them up- as it is, get some skirting board (looks like about 160mm would do) and some batten and box them. Or if you don't fancy doing the corners, go to your timber merchant and get some nice ply cut to the widths you need. Top shabby trick (if you get the batten the right width)- use pipe clips on the inside of the skirting board to hold the boxing.

Sponsored Links
If your gonna paint them,. use tartan or rainbow paint.
If you cannot get hold of a tin of that then use the skirting board that's made for boxing in pipes.

Even as a DIYr the thought of painted pipes make me go yeuuuuchhH!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back