Painting Mirrors

STI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my mother has developed dementia and believes a girl is in the house, specifically the bathroom. One wall of the bathroom is a mirror. The girl is her reflection, this is a known phenomenon of dementia, However to try and remove as much stress from her life as possible and to minimise upheaval I want to paint out this mirror wall. I have heard that eggshell paint will adhere to a mirror and block it out. Is this correct. If not can anyone advise how to paint over a mirror. (Mirror is about 7x7 foot)
Thanks
Steve

Sponsored Links
a quick thing would be to stick fablon (ie sticky back plastic) over the mirror.
I painted some windows with black emulsion to black out a room.

My sympathies as my mum had dementia and it was a struggle

Thanks. I thought about fablon but the size of the mirror makes the risk of wrinkles high and although my mom has lost a lot due to the dementia she still worries about colour schemes and imperfections :)

Sponsored Links
A roll of non-vinyl wallpaper and paste? Cheaper than fablon and much easier to fix without wrinkles. Probably look better as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back