Painting - mixing priming coats? Advice needed!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks, firstly hi everyone, i'm a newbie! I have a question(s) regarding painting a room to experienced painter/decorators if you could please help . I have started applying a primer/white coat to an existing paint job (all keyed washed etc but it's a v. light colour going over a very manky magnolia inc. beautiful undertones of a bright red from keying back - hence the white primer). I started using some Dulux paint pod white (just a normal roller not through the pod) to cover the walls - it's suitable (matt) albeit a little runnier than standard paint, however I've run out half way through priming the walls. I have some white satin paint left over from previous jobs. Can i finish the rest of the walls using the satin? I'm a little worried it may cause the new pale coat to look different where it's mixed, one because it's considerably thicker and two because it's a satin finish. I presume it shouldn't really make any difference once several coats of the new colour (also matt) are up but i want to be sure. I'm really anal and if there was to be the slightest bit of difference it would really bother me... So suggestions/advice gratefully received. I would rather just go out and buy some cheap matt white and redo all the walls if it was likely to make a difference, but obviously if i don't need to that's a bonus and means i can crack on this eve! Thanks :_)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back