Painting new kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're currently having our kitchen extended and I'm planning for painting it prior to the kitchen being installed. I will be left with skimmed plasterboard, so obviously the first job is to prime the plaster with a mist coat, but do I need to pay over the odds for "kitchen" paint? The Mrs wants Duck Egg or Olive green colours, and really our only options of where to get it are B&Q and Wickes as far as I can tell (Lancaster UK).

So any thoughts??

Sponsored Links
A good trade eggshell is best for kitchens, plenty of online retailers if you don't have a merchants in your area, there is a dulux centre in Morecombe if thats any good to you

Thanks I didn't know about the Dulux centre. I'll look it up. And good tip about Eggshell. :)

Plus there's a Homebase in Morecambe...they sell Laura Ashley and Farrow and Ball, both of which do nice eggshell.

Sponsored Links
I've got a huge tub of paint that's technically a ceiling paint. Would that be adequate for a mist coat and base coat for my walls? Or should I solely use it for the ceiling?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back