kitchen paint query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,
I have just had my kitchen walls skimmed and want to now what is the best way to seal them. I intend using a crown kitchen paint as my topcoat and was wondering if the soft sheen emulsion (blue note) was breathable? My kitchen is being fitted in 2 weeks times and I'm worried that the skim plaster might not be fully dry. Will any mist coat with the kitchen paint on top, still allow any moisture in the wall to escape out. This way the walls can continue to dry whilst the kitchen is being fitted.
thanks.

Sponsored Links
You want a cheap contract matt. Any type of vinyl will ****** the drying to some degree, but if the plaster is nice and pink then it's dry anyway.

is contract matt the same as a normal matt emulsion?

According to Crown their kitchen paint is a breathable emulsion. They recommend using something called Crown Trade Covermatt for the mist coat thinned with 40% clean water.

Most of the plaster has gone a very light shade of pink and I think is dried (plaster said skim would take a week.) There's one spot where he had to use a backing plaster and that still looks wet. I just wanted to be ulta safe after hearing nightmare stories about peeling and bubbling paint!

Sponsored Links
B&Q have got an offer on at the minute for crown or their own emulsion for about £10

just water it down for the mist coat, then go nuts ;o)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back