Painting new plaster help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have done a very bad thing :(
I recently got 2 walls plastered as my builder is putting in bi-fold doors. I waited 5 days after the plastering to apply a 50/50 matt paint water mix. Not all the areas had turned the light clay colour (bad me!). Now i can see that the paint is still wet in certain areas 2 days on. I wiped the paint off these areas in hope that the plaster would just dry.

Any ideas how i resolve this? I'm an impatient idiot i know.

Sponsored Links
Naughty naughty robbieee! ;)

Best bet is to lightly sand the remaining dry stuff that has not wiped off give it a couple of weeks and then use "paint for new plaster" most trade outlets sell it Dulux Supermatt is a good one.

http://www.duluxdecoratorcentre.co.uk/servlet/ProductHandler?code=DDC1000

Follow the instructions on the tin to dilute the first coat, the paint is porous so allows the plaster to continue drying out.

It is not as hard wearing as normal emulsion so will not scrub clean but it is best for the job and can be painted over later with any normal emulsion finish.

Naughty naughty robbieee! ;)

Best bet is to lightly sand the remaining dry stuff that has not wiped off give it a couple of weeks and then use "paint for new plaster" most trade outlets sell it Dulux Supermatt is a good one.

http://www.duluxdecoratorcentre.co.uk/servlet/ProductHandler?code=DDC1000

Follow the instructions on the tin to dilute the first coat, the paint is porous so allows the plaster to continue drying out.

It is not as hard wearing as normal emulsion so will not scrub clean but it is best for the job and can be painted over later with any normal emulsion finish.

"page not found" :(

I think I will leave the wall for a couple of weeks until it drys out properly

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back