painting new plaster in the bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all im a newbie to all this building and decorating :LOL:

i have read on here i need to thin out dulux trade matt emulsion but when i have looked online and found it it said not sutable for bathrooms and kitchens

also i am looking for a matt white finish what paint would you recomend i use

thanks all

danny

Sponsored Links
You dont have to use dulux or a trade emulsion. Any matt emulsion will do be it trade, retail or contract. Thin by around 30%. We do this because the plaster is porous and if not done it will suck all the moisture out of your paint and it will flake off (amongst other problems).

I always recommend acrylic eggshell for bathrooms, little green is excellent, dulux ok, F & B very good and so is paint and paper library. For the retail market its labelled up as kitchen and bathroom paint, never used it, trade will be better.

Just to add the eggshell is low sheen not matt finish, but i would never use matt emulsion in a bathroom.

You dont have to use dulux or a trade emulsion. Any matt emulsion will do be it trade, retail or contract. Thin by around 30%. We do this because the plaster is porous and if not done it will suck all the moisture out of your paint and it will flake off (amongst other problems).

I always recommend acrylic eggshell for bathrooms, little green is excellent, dulux ok, F & B very good and so is paint and paper library. For the retail market its labelled up as kitchen and bathroom paint, never used it, trade will be better.

Thanks for the reply i will get some Matt emulsion and look into the egg shell

thanks again

Danny

Sponsored Links

Thanks for the reply i will get some Matt emulsion and look into the egg shell

thanks again

Danny

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back