painting new render (external wall but in lean to)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I need to paint the inside of my leanto. we moved the old back door so there is an area which is new render (wavy pattern) and some already painted with what i guess is maisonery paint. my plan is to use normal emulsion to go over the whole leanto (knocked down with water for the render) and then use up a tin of kitchen/bathroom paint as a topcoat. does the render need sealing first. is my plan unwise? thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
dont do this unless you want the paint to fall off buy masonry paint its worth it and yes you should seal it with some finned down masonry paint, i suggest leyland pliolite its oil based paint ( mean u clean and thin down with white spirit ) because it will last 10 years no problem
dont use emulsion or kitchen paint it will just give you more work in a few weeks

from a time served painter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back