Painting onto Plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this question has been asked before but I've searched the forum and have'nt found an answer,

we have just had a new kitchen fited and on some of the walls we have had plasterboard put up, I have been told I can paint directly onto plasterboard providing I seal it, whenever I ask the question what do I seal it with ? I get the answer of sealer! or not sure can someone point me in the right direction.

many thanks

Sponsored Links
There is a special plasterboard sealer out there....but it only comes in 10 litres tubs and cost about 30 quid

The idea is for it to make the spripping of paper easier.....so it doesnt damage the board.

Once your joints are filled and sanded i would give it a coat of emulsion..thinned by about 30% water then a couple more full coats over the top...use vinyl matt....silk tends to show every inperfection on new work.

Think about it.....its only the same as painting plasterboard coving.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back