Painting over easi-fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

So i filled defects in fresh plaster with easi-fill and sanded.

Ive mist coated over the plaster and done another coat of standard white emulsion however the spots where i have easi-filled are really showing through the plaster. It isnt the filler so much, it is more the are around the filler, where the excess filler was but was either scraped off when it was applied or where the filler was sanded. It is showing through the paint as big dark patches.

How do i cover these dark patches? Just keep painting over?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Sorry, this isn't going to be very helpful, and you've probably fixed the problem anyway! :)

Basically, keep painting over it!
It sounds as if you have only used one top coat so far; depending on the paint quality, especially with white, you may need one or two more.

Personally, when I have had large areas of easy-fill to cover up, I overcoat it first with Dulux 'Sealer for plaster'. It gives the paint a good bond, an even finish, and stops the easy-fill getting mushy again after absorbing moisture from the paint! :)

Good luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back