painting plaster previously covered with wallpaper

M

mkultr4

3 rooms have had anaglypta stripped from walls and ceiling.

walls have been reskimmed but ceilings didnt need it.

i intend to use bq paint for new plaster on the walls as 1st coat

should i also do this with the ceiling that was previously papered? or just go straight on with 2x vinyl matt?

thanks

Sponsored Links
If you've removed paper from the ceiling and its down to bare plaster you'll need to mist coat it. However the paste needs to be removed first and as its a ceiling i'd go zinsser gardz which will sort the paste and also prime the ceiling for a full coat of paint.

Sorry, must have posted at same time

If you've removed paper from the ceiling and its down to bare plaster you'll need to mist coat it. However the paste needs to be removed first and as its a ceiling i'd go zinsser gardz which will sort the paste and also prime the ceiling for a full coat of paint.

what should it be primed with?

Sponsored Links
However the paste needs to be removed first and as its a ceiling i'd go zinsser gardz which will sort the paste and also prime the ceiling for a full coat of paint.

what should it be primed with?

dcdec meant the Gardz will sort the paste as well as priming the ceiling rather than using a seperate primer. ;)

I used Gardz on my walls after reading about it online, and it does work well. Some of my walls were so full of paste that I could not wash it out. Also some of the walls were very porous, and Gardz sealed the pore. I found the first coat of paint after the Gardz did not cover well. I was using acrylic paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back