Best way to patch up anaglypta wallpaper/plaster in ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a wallpapered ceiling on my landing and had a new loft hatch cover installed which was moved slightly to the right by 3 inches to site a new ladder.
This has left a small gap to the side of the hatch which has been plastred but not to the level of the wallpaper. I am decorating the landing now and dont want to strip all the wallpaper on the ceiling and re-do it as the wallpaper is in good condition.

Would it be better to add a strip of similar wallpaper to cover the gap or should i try to plaster or artex the gap in a similar pattern to the anaglypta, which do you think would look better or should i just plaster over the wallpaper overlaping to a smooth finish and then paint?

Sponsored Links
Hello have you considered getting some 3 inch baton to go around the loft hatch, a bit more work but think it would look better than patching up

That may be a bit tricky as the loft hatch is one of those flimsy plastic type from wickes with a plastic arhitrave already moulded to it but I can see where your coming from

I was also thinking of a wallpaper border or type of plastic trim that yiou see on window boards/wallcladding to cover it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back