Painting plasterboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I paint emulsion directly onto plasterboards, and if i can how would I prepare the joints and hide the nails so that I get a good finish. Also which way around should the plasterboards be Grey or White side out.

Sponsored Links
You would normally use platerboard tape and jointing compound over the joints, sanded to give a smmoth finish. As to which side, this can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, it is normally marked on the board which to plaster or paint.

If plasterboard tape and jointing compound is used is it still possible to sand down the joints so that they will not show after painting if boards are not plastered.

Could anyone recommend a jointing compound that sands back easily, in the past I have used fillers that I find almost impossible to sand down.

Many thanks

Use drylining jointing compound, the best one is made by Semin but is quite expensive and not that readily available.
Don't use filler you will be sanding for ever and still not get a brilliant finish.

Sponsored Links
shifty said:
Could anyone recommend a jointing compound that sands back easily, in the past I have used fillers that I find almost impossible to sand down.
Easi-fill, see this , wear a mask very dusty when sanding down.
shifty said:
Also which way around should the plasterboards be Grey or White side out.
White.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back