painting radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I made the mistake when decorating my bedroom of painting the radiator with normal gloss paint. Now when the heating is on the smell is not very pleasant. Do I need to remove the gloss paint or can I paint over it with radiator paint to get rid of the smell. Any advice would be great, thanks, Jocojohn

Sponsored Links
The smell will soon fade when the binding resin has fully evaporated.

Joe is right you will always smell the paint burning on even if the radiator has not been switched on for months.
After it has burnt itself on the smell wont come back. Radiator enamel is awful stuff to use and the solvents that come off the tin can make you pass out if smelled to much. You have to work very quick to get good results. The radiator does not get hot enough to warrant using it.

Sponsored Links
Dont even go there with the radiator paint, its awful stuff, the smell will fade, and your rads will look much better than using the rad paint.

Thanks everyone for those replies, I didn`t really fancy stripping the old paint off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back