Painting skirted boards

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi. I have just painted my skirting boards and used painters tape. When I pulled the painters tape up from the jarrah boards the paint has bled between the bottom of the skirting boards and the jarrah boards in the tiny gap. It looks terrible. Is there anyway to remove the oil based paints plus spray that is on the floors. Should have got the professionals in

Sponsored Links
For this sort of task, I would apply the painters tape to the 'jarrah', and paint the skirting board very carefully AS IF THE TAPE WASN'T THERE. In other words, carefully paint round the tape.

White spirit should clean up the paint splashes, do a test in a discreet corner first.

Thanks. I’ve already done the painting and that is when it bled through the tape unfortunately. Just trying to see how I can get rid of the dried paint between skirting board and jarrah

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-25_19-33-31.jpeg
    upload_2020-4-25_19-33-31.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 71
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back