Painting sliding wardrobe door tracks

jar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
The metal floor tracks of our bedroom sliding wardrobe doors are looking a bit the worse for wear with a lot of the paint removed with the constant opening and closing of the doors.
I would rather just replace the tracks but I have been unable to source the ones we have anywhere and it will cost too much to replace the whole lot. The doors and fittings aren't compatible with newer rails.

So the next option is to try to repaint the tracks but not sure if there is any paint suitable for this. Anyone with experience of what paint might be strong enough for the task ? Just white at the moment and no plans to change.

At worst I could just paint the outer edges of the tracks which don't get the full weight of the doors but still occasionally get stood on or kicked.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I suspect the original finish was a powder coating harder wearing than paint, might be worth doing a local search for powder coating to see if a local firm might help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back