Painting / Staining - Hand Rail / Decking (but not on the floor)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a patio area outside that is raised up with stairs to access it, the flooring is all indian sandstone but the retaining wall was built using breeze blocks and then faced over with wooden decking boards. The overall finish is good but I am now thinking a year on about staining / painting the wood as it has started to naturally fade in the sun as you would expect.

There are also spindles on the patio with a hand rail etc which I would want to paint the same colour.

My question is, I have read about paint and decking oil but in this situation what would people recommend? Like everyone else I want to avoid a yearly exercise of freshening it up so is this going to be a bad idea to start this? I assume that using a paint / oil will help with the overall life of the wood even though it has all been pre treated?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back