Painting upvc windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mum has mahogany upcv windows and was going to replace them all.
However she asked me about getting a company in to paint them white. I see some companies on line who spray them.

Has anyone ever had it done? Any thoughts or recommendations please?

Sponsored Links
The thing to consider is whether the paint finish will last.

The frames are maintenance free at the moment, you may be creating a job for life.

I pained my PVC front door myself with a paint called Frenchic alfresco - they have a Facebook page and you can search for the words window frames on the page to find posts where people have painted their frames.

I’m thrilled with the door, the paint was very easy to work with and the finish looks great - it was literally the first thing I’d ever painted on my own but the door was so ugly and grubby I figured it was either replace it or have a go painting it and if it looked rubbish then replace it anyway.

Sponsored Links
Chap down the road used a pvc-u primer and then exterior satin on his, I was thinking it would look rough... surprisingly it looked good, don't think he's repainted them, and this at least 5/6 years ago.

I've spoken to a painter recently who has started using Kolorbond. I have a sample of UPVC trim which has been sprayed. I took a key to it and couldn't scratch it off. The paint bonds into the plastic. He's offering a 10 year guarantee on the paint system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back